SU in NYC Ready to Celebrate National Orange Day 2017
March 16, 2017
On Friday, March 24th, the Syracuse University community will celebrate National Orange Day—the 147th anniversary of SU’s founding day on March 24, 1870! Members of the SU family are encouraged to wear Orange, to support SU with a birthday gift, and to give back to their communities. How do you celebrate SU’s birthday? Share your photos at http://celebratesu.syr.edu!
Our Metro NYC alumni clubs and staff members have organized the following National Orange Day activities:
SU in NYC Office of Alumni Engagement:
- Visit the Alumni Engagement Suite at Lubin House for a special National Orange Day treat on us!
- Give a birthday gift to SU.
Big Apple Orange:
- Big Apple Orange My Cares Day: New York Cares runs 1,600 monthly volunteer projects at 1,300 nonprofits and schools. Your support of Cares Day ensures that these vital programs reach more New Yorkers in need and make a powerful and long-term impact on our great city. Sign up here! Questions? Contact email@example.com
- National Orange Day Trivia Night Fundraiser: Join fellow Syracuse University alumni and friends at Duke's in Murray Hill hosted by alumni Fabien Levy and Harris Sokoloff! Bring your three smartest friends as teams of four are required, and prizes will be awarded to winning teams! $5 minimum donation per player benefits the Big Apple Orange Scholarship Fund and helps support deserving Syracuse students from the NYC area.
Syracuse University Northern New Jersey Alumni Club:
- Join SUNNJAC for a Spring Clean Up at Deirdre’s House (8 Court Street) in Morristown, NJ! They need a crew of alumni and their families to volunteer with a spring clean-up of the playrooms, backyard playground and common areas, which usually takes under two hours.
- Feel like doing a little shopping? The group restocks the pantry with healthy snacks and drinks in single serve portions. Specifically, they are looking for 100% juice boxes and small bottles of water. Deirdre's House is also having some work done, so they need boxes and storage bins to pack up the rooms. If you are coming that morning and can bring a box or two, that would be helpful.
- If you want to purchase items but can't make the event, email Ira Berkowitz (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deirdre's House will gladly accept cash donations, checks (payable to Deirdre's House), and gift cards to local stores such as Wal-Mart, Target, or grocery stores. Donations can be mailed to:
343 Millburn Avenue, Suite 305
Millburn, NJ 07041
Syracuse University Central New Jersey Alumni Club:
- Join SUCNJAC for their Beach Sweep, April 22 at 23 Ocean Ave, Pier Village in Long Branch, NJ from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. CNJSUAC will treat all club members who attend the Beach Sweep to lunch at the Turning Point Restaurant after the event. For details or to register, contact Michael A. Hyduk (email@example.com).
Happy 147th birthday Syracuse!