|Photo: Cassie Dagostino ’16.|
As a Newhouse in NYC student, you will continue to be enrolled as a full-time, matriculated student of Syracuse University. You will register for a minimum of 12 credits, which will include an internship and Newhouse in NYC classes. You also have the option to register for online Arts and Sciences classes.
Upon acceptance into the program, you will be able to register for Newhouse in NYC-based classes at your appointed registration time.
Admission to the Newhouse in NYC program is open on a space-available bases to Newhouse juniors and seniors who:
- Have completed 60 credits and are registered full-time in a matriculated, degree-bearing program.
- Are in good academic standing.
- Are in good judicial standing (no current issues, no uncompleted sanctions).
- Have home-college approval. Single-enrolled Newhouse students do not need to provide the home-college approval form. Dual-enrolled Newhouse students will need to submit a home-college approval form from their dual school.
How to Apply
- Fill out the online application. Then bring your unofficial transcript, the $60 application fee (check or money order made payable to Syracuse University), and the home college approval form (duals only) to Suite 318, Newhouse 3.
- Application deadlines:
- Fall semester: February 8
- Spring semester: September 15
- You must attend the mandatory pre-departure meeting in Syracuse the semester before you go and attend mandatory events during Newhouse in NYC orientation.
Any other questions? Please email Associate Director for Off-Campus Programs Shelly Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by her office in Suite 318, Newhouse 3.
A limited number of work-study hours are available in NYC during the semester. This opportunity is available to any current Newhouse in NYC participant who has received a Federal Work-Study Award. Details regarding the position can be found below.
To apply for the position please email Newhouse in NYC Director Cheryl Brody Franklin (email@example.com) and provide:
- The amount of work study you have been awarded.
- Your class schedule for the semester.
- Your resume.
- A description of your past work-study positions.
Support Newhouse in NYC by performing administrative tasks and assisting with special projects. Assist the Newhouse in NYC faculty with classroom needs, including setting up and operating presentation equipment, making photocopies, taking attendance, setting-up/moving tables/chairs, and other special needs as assigned by faculty.
Must be participating in Newhouse in NYC and have a current Federal Work-Study Award. Must be tech savvy and have knowledge of PC- and Mac-based computers and experience working in an office environment. Punctuality and a service-oriented approach required. Ability to lift 25 pounds.
Hours and Availability
Schedule and hours TBD, based on program needs and your class schedule.